Monday, January 24, 2011

Interview with Casper from KDC

This is going to be the first interview I have done for my awesome hardcore blog. What better way to do your first interview with one of your best friends. Well Casper is the singer for Puerto Rico's KDC. One, if not the best current Puerto Rican bands (and latin american to say the least). So pretty much a standard interview where one dude asks questions, and the other guy answers them:

Me: First Question. OK, Why are you called KDC and not Konfesiones De Changuiro, o Knock Down Crew, which are better names than KDC by itself?.

Casper: Hahahahha, my band has always been Las Konfesiones De Changuiro, we were never Knock Down Crew. We're KDC since I saw it in a flyer and it just stayed like that.

Me: Well, I was told it was called like that (Knock Down Crew). And that's what I saw in some places.

Casper: It's easier hahahaha. if you talk with Sammy it's called like that.

Me: It's called like what? Knock Down Crew or Konfesiones? I'm telling you, ha, I saw it in myspace! Anyway, why do you always wear a cap?

Casper: I love caps. I only take it off to rock out, and I hate combing my hair.

Me: I hear ya. You think La Parka is better than me at Street Fighter 4?

Casper: maybe. He's a killer on all that shit.

Me: I know KDC has done a couple tours in the US. Why now the change to one of the coldest places in the whole country?

Casper: Man, long story short. It's cheap living, and we have tons of people we know over here.

Me: Was that "long story short" a "Dirty Work" reference? What do you think about that movie?

Casper: Hahaha. Dirty Work is fucking funny, but I was not doing a reference.

Me: You never answered the question about Sammy. But now, cliche hardcore fanzine question. What are KDC plans now that you relocated to the cold? And if you can explain to me what is the "cold" I am talking about, I'd appreciate it.

Casper: Sammy wanted the band to have generic hc name and he tried changing our acronyms, which ment Konfesiones De Changuiro, so he started promoting it as Knock Down Crew without our consent, and it sucked. A total different approach from what we wanted.

Me: If it was in myspace like that, I take it as official...

Casper: Nope, Sammy had the password. Like I said. No consent.

Me: ok, i hope he reads the interview.

Casper: me too.

(note* WE LOVE SAMMY)

Me: Ha, and about the plans?.

Casper: Just trying to do some touring. More than PR lets us do geografically. It's hard so we decided to move to Buffalo.

Me: Cool. Cafe Yaucono o Starbucks?.

Casper: Yaucono. I don't drink it. I don't really drink coffee, but that's the one my mom used to drink. I guess it goes.

Me: Now this is the end of the interview. Final thoughts.

Casper: always. Listen to Los B. so you can shit hair. If you can catch KDC in a US show do it. I will let you in for free.


He didn't lie about taking his cap off to rock out. This picture is proof.

No comments: