Sunday, November 29, 2009

My Mom Sent Me Carrot Cake via Express Mail

So the other week I was talking to my old lady. I love that lady, anyway, I was telling her how awesome is her carrot cake, and that it is one of my favorite things ever. So yea, couple weeks later I get a call from my mom in the morning, and she asks me what I was doing the next day. I said that I had the day off, so pretty much I was gonna take care of some stuff, you know. Things I needed to get done. She goes, "Well around 10 in the morning you're going to get a carrot cake I sent you." I got psyched. I live carrot cake, specially if it is my mom's.

Next morning: I set my alarm for 9:45. I really despise waking up early on my day off, but this time it was different. I had a mission to get that cake. So yeah, every five minutes after my alarm went off, I would go downstairs to see if I got it. Around 10:40 I went down again. No luck. I come upstairs, sit on my bed, and right then my roomate yells at me "you got a package". Well, it was the cake.

I ate it. And it was awesome. Best carrot cake in the world. And let me tell you this. I am not saying this because my mom made it. I am saying it because it is the truth. Many try to do it like her. No one can. I love my mom.

No comments: