Sunday, September 26, 2010

TERROR - "Keepers Of The Faith"



01. Your Enemies Are Mine
02. Stick Tight
03. Return To Strength
04. The Struggle
05. Shattered
06. You're Caught
07. Dead Wrong
08. Keepers of the Faith
09. Stay Free
10. Hell And Back
11. Only Death
12. The New Blood
13. Defiant

I have to start this way. You ever been in wait for something for so long, and then the moment arrives, and you really don't know what to do? It gives you chills, just to think that the day is here? Well, that's how i felt for pretty much most of 2010 before this record arrived. There is something about the album name that is mystic.

In the last couple years, almost three years, there have been really few records that I have or had been so pumped for. The last Hammer Bros record (Sleep Forever on Arrest Records), the H2O "Something To Prove", and actually Have Heart's "Songs to Scream At the Sun". But from all of these records, there is some aura surrounding this specific release.

Terror has made a couple changes in their lineup since their last record, recruiting Dave (singer for DTN) and a new guitar player Jordan something his last name is (i belive, and was told he was in No Warning, someone correct me if I'm wrong). But the one fact is that Terror has always been a superband. But for some reason, every change this band makes is for the better. And I will say, even though I love the fact that anyone can play hardcore, there is something always about bands that are actually talented in their instruments. So let me first start saying that this record's musicianship is outstanding.

There are few hardcore records that keep you on hook from the first track until the last one. This one is definitely one of those. I was talking to one of my older friends from work, like this 46 year old dude that I got into hardcore, but loves 80s thrash, and he was telling me "the vocals are real hardcore, but the music is metal as fuck". I cannot agree more with him. It's crazy, cause most of the riffs sound like all the 80s thrash bands I like. I could see Anthrax, Sepultura, Metallica, Suicidal, you mention it. I can even close my eyes and picture just a bunch of dudes with long hair headbanging. But even though this is metal as fuck, it's probably the best hardcore record that has come out in the last 6 years or 5 years, or whenever Suicide File's last 7" came out. (Notice I didn't mention H2O's last record, simply because they released albums in the 90s, TSF, and Terror did not).

Lyric wise it's very typical Terror. But at the same time while a lot of times you get tired of the brotherhood/betrayal thing going on, in this record it makes perfect sense. For fucks sake. IT'S NAMED AFTER FUCKING WARZONE AND RAYBEEZ. Stick Tight, one of the heaviest songs in the record is just great. The title track Keepers Of the Faith, one of the best hardcore songs of the decade already, and doubt it will be topped. The riff sounds like Def Leppard if you think about it. My favorite track of the album is New Blood. Pretty much like the text i recieved from my song defines the reason I am into hardcore and love this as much as I do, and why I am the way I am.

Legitimately this record has restored my faith and my convictions. That's all I can really say. Simply outstanding, and I take off my hat to the guys in the band.

I found these on youtbe. remember the copyrights are from century media records and terror

THE NEW BLOOD

No comments: