Friday, October 8, 2010

Word For Word, Wolf Whistle, Alert, Mongoloids, xRhinocerosx @ The Chop Shop, Framingham, MA

This is one of those shows, that I just happened to get to, like I would say in Spanish "de chamba". I wanted to go this show, but since a lot of people know me, I don't drive a car. My friend Casper (KDC) now played bass for xRhinocerosx, and I wanted to go to the show, mostly to hang out with him, and to see Word For Word, that I haven't seen live in ages. And good karma was good enough to let me attend this show, which ended being awesome.

I got there just as xRhinocerosx was about to go on. I had heard this band before, on the myspaces, and I always thought they were good, but never really paid much attention to it. That's pretty much it. Anyway, I support my friends and I stayed inside to see them (also cause I like to check out bands live). And I was not disappointed. I was actually pumped, this band's recording doesn't make justice to hows they sound live. A good mix of NYHC-type hardcore (well they're a new york band), but also thrashy, and metally. Which in my opinion is always a good thing. Super tight band, and really bummed I didn't have money to get anything to for a shirt or something. People need to check this band out.

After they played, The Mongoloids took the stage. Honestly I think this band is not that good. They were tight and all that, but I just can't get into this band that much. I like the real Fury Of Five though! I don't take away that they play tight and a lot of kids are into them, but I am not going to say I like a band when I really did not.

Alert was up. I really have been looking forward to see this band for a long time. I was also pumped to know they were playing this, because I had completely forgotten that they were playing this. I keep hearing good stuff about them. Well, honestly, they weren't really tight. But they were good, I think a couple more practices and it would have been awesome. They did cover Fed Up by Judge. But I mean, now that I think about it, it was pretty punk rock of them not practicing. They really did sound as advertised, raw youth crew styled hardcore influenced by the first wave of straight edge bands.

Wolf whistle was the next band on the bill, and I don't have a review for them. Because I didn't catch their set. I was listening to the new KDC EP. Which is fucking awesome, and Casper sounds like the dude from Rise Against (when that dude screams). More news about this record coming up soon.

When I was done listening to the new amazing EP that's going to take the hardcore world by storm, Word For Word was about to go on. Their set is always fun, even when it's not the tightest. They always put on an awesome show. They did cover In Control for me (thank you johnnie, i'll cover 5 yr. plan whenever you ask!) and kids went bezerk as usual.

Other things I liked about this show were the venue, and that I got a copy of a printed Fanzine from the Word For Word merch table. I got so siked that kids are doing fanzines. I got home around midnight, and before I came down to write this, I read half of the zine. I left the other part for tomorrow, when I have to wait at the train station for hours before my train.

And for those deniers and shit talkers inside the scene. Hardcore lives in 2010.

1 comment:

Willo C. said...

Al fin!

WORD FOR WORD, still good that demo you gave me on 2007; need to get back on track w/ their music. w/ WolfWhistle never crossed the line from know their name to listen them. I liked Alert demo. Mongoloids...is a "next" bigger than PONCE oversized sign, "all" kids liking them aint gonna get me, and i'll end on that. xRhinocerosx, dont know, dont feel them but cant say they're crap.

I wanna watch "VelaFuego" live, jajaja.