Saturday, April 4, 2009

Against All My Fears - XVII


1)Entropía
2)5 Años
3)Infección
4)Cuando
5)Hands, Give, Heart
6)Devoción, Desenfreno, Desilusión
7)The Reject
8)Scusarmi
9)Desesperación


Well. This is Against All My Fears' first LP. They are pretty much a new band. But that doesn't mean, they are rookies. They share members with bands as En Mi Defensa, among others. This LP contains 9 hard as fuck songs. When I mean hard, is not the case as in "Madball Hard". But as in the plain heavy shit that's just cool. It pretty much starts as a crescendo of anger. One thing I like about this band is that this album reminds me of Abhinanda, at the same time it reminds me of Refused, and a lot of those Swedish bands from the 90s. There are some parts where you think the guitars are out of tune, but it's not that. They pretty much found the perfect way to make dissonant chords work in hardcore music. You won't really find a lot of fast parts in this album. But you will find great musicianship. To say, my favorite song in the album is "Devoción, Desenfreno, Desilusión". That songs for some reason makes me want to go on a rampage. In my opinion this is one, if not the best hardcore record I have heard in recent years from anywhere in the world. I thought the new Have Heart was a fucking awesome record. But in my opinion, this one destroys that one to pieces. Well, all I can say are good things. So pretty much listen to this band and album.

http://www.myspace.com/againstallmyfuckingfears

No comments: