Thursday, April 2, 2009

FORFEIT, MAINTAIN, WATCHFIRE, HOME INVASION, AFLICTIONS @ ANCHORS UP

Well, I just got back from this show at Anchors Up! Always a good time. Even though it wasn't a packed house, like I thought it was going to be for a thursday night at Anchors Up! Anyway all the bands did good.

Afflictions:
To be honest it's the first time I ever heard this band. They were not bad, but they really have to work on tuning. I love the drummer for this band. Even though I don't know him. Kid was sick behind that drumset. Just imagine this band being like a heavyer hardcore band sort of new york style, with a drummer that looks like he's in Total Chaos or something like that. They weren't like awesome or something new, but they have potential.

Home Invasion:
I really didn't see this band, because I thought we were going to play after them (Maintain), so I went downstairs and started warming up for my set. So during this band all I did was listen to Sepultura's Arise and air drum to it. Sorry. But in all honesty, from what I heard from downstairs, I don't think I missed anything.

Watchfire:
This is the first time I see watchfire with Dave singin, and man, he makes it look so much more evil and metal. There was something about the other kid in the band that I didn't really like. With Dave, the dude that actually sings in the recordings, well, makes it sound just like the recordings. So they played a goddamn awesome set tonight. And I forgot to get the EP, which I am mad about.

Maintain:
It's my band. So I can't really say anything. All I heard from Behind the drumset was the bass cab. So Whatever. I like that Maintain is that band that everyone is just standing in front of the stage like just staring at us go nuts.

Foreit:
They didn't play as tight as the last time I saw them. But they always get me pumped. I went off for a couple songs, they played some of the new jams, that were exactly as Steve (the singer) was telling me. "Dude is like we're ripping off Morbid Angel, Merauder and Obituary". I mean, I love all those bands. And they actually managed to do a great job with that. Can't wait to see them at the NY Superbowl Of Hardcore.

No comments: