Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Hammer Bros - "Sleep Forever" EP

Hammer FUCKING Bros. Pretty much my favorite MVHC band ever, and pretty much the best MVHC band. They just had a release show for their last EP they are ever putting out called "Sleep Forever". I say last, because they are breaking up later this year, but they wanted to have a last record.

The whole premise of this record was "we're not trying to do a record thinking of certain bands, or influences or anything, let's just play whatever comes to us". And let me tell you this is pretty much the best six songs the Bros have ever done. It is just six songs like I already said, but it's epic, not in length but in sound content.

The songs are a little bit more personal start to finish, instead of more like all around the spectre lyrics. But still the best track is "Sleep Forever". Simply the hardest song. Although in the first track "All I Have Is Lowell" presents Josh Hynes and Josh Long (guitar player and drummer, respectively) on vocals. And let me tell you, they are good singers. They should sing in a band.

Just order this from Arrest Records.

http://www.myspace.com/hammerbros

xxx

No comments: