Wednesday, April 7, 2010

It's that time of the year again.

Well, it's springtime. The trees up here in the northeast are starting to bloom again with life. The temperatures rising little by little. People actually enjoy being outside. And it's past March, that means Baseball season is here.

I mean, to me it never ends, because when the Major Leagues stop playing, the Winter Leagues are already under way, or about to start.

So, let's put it straight, the steroid-era of baseball is gone. The game is going through a renaissance, literally, a lot of great young players are coming up. But sadly the number of boricuas in the league is less every year, 21 this year, and we're the 3rd country with more Major Leaguers, when we used to be #1 or #2. It's OK, I think after this year, that's gonna change again.

One of the things I am super stoked on, is that dude Jason Heyward from the Braves. I haven't seen him play a whole game, but I saw that dude take 2 at bats on Opening Day, and it was simply insane. You wouldn't even know that dude was a rookie, the way the pitchers, and everyone looked at him. I mean the mo'fucka hit a Home Run in his first MLB at bat, and kid is only 20 years old. In the last at bat in that game he hit a line drive back at the pitcher and I am pretty sure that ball's seams were ripped after that hit.


This kid is going to be INSANE.

Anyway, Red Sox won the opener against the Bronx Bombers, great game, and then the Yanks beat them twice. Lackey actually looked good. I still don't care about him, and I really don't care about the Red Sox that much. If there are some teams I want to follow this season, they are going to be obviously Oakland, cause they are my boys. The Mets, cause they are my team in the NL. Pittsburgh, cause I always have some respect to that team, and I always root for an underdog. Tampa Bay, simply because they are good. And the Braves, even though I hate them, but Heyward, and my eternal favorite Chipper Jones.

I love baseball. Talk to me about it.

No comments: